FFC's 21st International Conference and Expo on Functional Foods
Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds in Health and Disease: Science and Practice
March 25-26, 2017, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA, USA
- High prevalence of asthma and its determinants among children enrolled in Michigan migrant and seasonal head start programs. Farabi N, Song SJ, Crockett ET, Song WO
- Evaluation of the anti-inflammatory activities of Quillaja saponaria Mol. Saponin extract in mice. Sarkhel S
Analysis of sugarcane as a potential functional food. Raymond W, W. Chong, Christopher McRae, Nicolle H. Packer
- Recovery of high added-value food ingredients from Tunisian citrus limon by-product: Identification and creation of functional food products. Gargouri B. Sonda Ammar S, Verardo V, Carretero AS, Bouaziz M
- In vitro bio-accessibility and antioxidant activity of four edible green leaves. K. D. P. P. Gunathilake, K. K. D. S Ranaweera, H. P. Vasantha Rupasinghe
Thermal protection of vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B12 by using bacterial nanocellulose to further uses in processed food. Sánchez D, Canas A, Osorio M, Castro C
Quality characteristics of functional bread fortified with date palm fruit residue. Hashim IB, Ragaee S and Khalil AH
Allometric scaling: Theory and applications. Rucker RB
Lost in Translation: Allometric scaling of bioactive dietary n-3 and n-6 fatty acids. Whelan J
- Modifying animal diets to increase relevance to human populations. Hintze K.J., Ward, R..E., Benninghoff A.D., and Lefevre M.
- Effect of a probiotic Lactobacillus strains on vaginal microbiota and bacterial vaginosis. Schrezenmeir J., Laue C., Papazova E., Liesegang A., Pannenbeckers A., Arendarski P., Linnerth B., Domig K., Kneifel W., Petricevic L.
- Potentiation of anti-inflammatory activities of indomethacin by grape fruit juice in carrageenan –induced mice paw edema. Sarkhel S.
- Phenolic extract from Ficus capensis leaves inhibits key enzymes linked to erectile dysfunction and prevent oxidative stress in rats' penile tissue. Akomolafe SF., Oboh G., Oyeleye S.I., Aline A. and Boligon AA.
Reduction of iron in the serum and liver of iron-overloaded mice using magnetotactic bacterium Magnetospirillum gryphiswaldense MSR-1. Leila H.G.J., Masoud G., Nezamedine H.S.
- Intestinal infection in malnourished children. Daneshvar H.K., and Rahimkhani M.
Morinda citrifolia (Noni), a tropical adaptogenic food and medicinal plant with multiple uses in health and disease. Westendorf J., Mettlich C., and Algenstaedt P.
- Allometric scaling models: history, use, and misuse in translating resveratrol from basic science to human clinical applications. Smoliga J.M.
- Chenopodium album a locally used vegetable in Kashmir valley and its medicinal properties. Lone B.A., Chishti M.Z., Bhat F.A., Bandh S.A., and Khan A.
- Bovine milk exosomes and their cargos may regulate metabolism through non-canonical pathways in non-bovine species. Zempleni J., Zhou F., Wu Di, Manca S., Sadri M., Fernando S., Pas H., Shu J., and Cui J.
- Low molecular pectin protects against heavy metal exposure. Khotimchenko M., Khozhaenko E., Kovalev V.
Comparative phytochemical composition of the seed and pulp of velvet tamarid (Dialium guineense) plant. Oyetayo F.L. and Bolorunduro B.C.
- Horizontal delivery of microRNAs via food-mother-pup axis. Le Provost, Laubier J., Marthey S., Castille J., Le Guillou S.
Use of probiotics and oat β-glucan as prebiotics to control obesity: A synbiotic approach. Ke X. and Cheung PCK
- Novel product development, organoleptic analysis and haccp projection of a dessert made from lotus stem (Nelumbo nucifera). Vora J.D., Srinivasan P.
Obesity, soy protein diet and liver steatosis. Hakkak R. and Korourian S.
- Safety and free testosterone boosting effficacy of a novel Curculigo orchioides extract in male rats. Bachi D., Swaroop A., Bagchi M., Preuss H.G.
- Glucuronidation and molecular docking of steviol with UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 2B7. Xia Y., Chen J., Fang Y., Zhang Y., Wang H., Liu X.
- Studies on the highly efficient biosynthesis of functional oligosaccharides. Cheng H., Wang H., Li L., Deng Z.
- Anti-adipogenic activities of (–)-epigallocatechin-3-gallate through modulation of the AMPK pathway in 3T3-L1 cells. Cheon W., Kim Y.
- Anti-adipogenic activity of Ligularia stenocephalain extract in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Seo D., Kim Y.
- Curcumin can improve hypertension in aged type 2 diabetic patients by modulating oxidative stress. Mirmiranpour H., Nakhjavani M., Esteghamati A., Salehi S.S., Lari M., Hashemi P., and Firouzabadi F.D.
- Conjugated linoleic acid vesicles worked in physiological pH environment. Fang Y., Fan Y., Ma J., Li Y., Xia Y.
- Beneficial effects on fasting insulin and OGTT responses with intake of New Zealand blackcurrant powder. Willems M., Silva J.D.S., Cook M., and Blacker S.
- Folic acid transfer from feed to egg yolk layers. Saki A.A., Abdolmaleki M., Mirzaie S., Zamni P., Ashoori A.
- Tarin, the lectin from Colocasia esculenta, reduces cyto and genotoxic effects of cyclophosphamide in mice. Corrêa A.C., Mérida L.A.D., Mattos E.B.A., Pereira P.R., Paschoalin VMF, Pinho MFB, Vericimo MA
- Functional quality, sensorial and shelf life characteristics of agathi (Sesbania grandiflora (L).Poir leaves enriched breads. Aruna M, Sumana A
- Bacteriome and mycobiome interactions underscore microbial dysbiosis in familial Crohn’s Disease: Role of probiotics and other therapeutic options. Ghannoum M
- Development of Halomonas Levan based functional food ingredients. Hasköylü ME, Özer Ç, Öner ET
- Effects of fermentation on the nutritional and anti-nutritional components of cooked/boiled water melon (Citrullus Lanatus) seed. Makinde OA, Adejoro DO, Odubanjo VO and Ajayi AS
- The determination of probiotic consumptions of university students by assessing their perceptions through these products. Hasköylü A, Biçer AH, Aktac S, Günes FE
- Induce increase lipidic compounds as food ingredient in microalgae and its anticancer and antioxidant properties. El-Baroty GS, Abd El Baky HH
- Phytochemical profile and bioactivities of coffee leaf: the impacts of processing methods and the age of leaf. Chen X, Ma Z, Petitvallet A, Rivest M, Kitts DD
- Comparison of the biological activities between carnosic acid and piciferic acid. Shibata S, Kayashima T, Ishitobi H, Miyaki S, Kawaoka T, Matsubara K
- Diet and functional impairments among elderly Chinese living in urban Shanghai. Zhu J, Cai H, Xiang YB, Li H, Gao YT, Zheng W, Shu XO
- Bacteroides xylanisolvens DSM 23964 consumption promotes anti-TFα antibody generation. Hart F, Schmidt J, Ulsemer P, Toutounian K, Hahn A, Goletz A
- Effects of α-galactooligosaccharides on high fat diet induced metabolic syndrome in mice. Dai Z, Lyu W, Xie M, Chen G, Zeng X
- Time effect on the antioxidant activity of commercial green juice and its manufactured equivalent. Kouprianoff J, Bernardo MA, Moncada M, Silva ML, Brito J, Mesquita F
In-vitro probiotic and functional properties of Lactic acid bacteria recovered from date syrup. Arasu MV, Al-Dhabi NA
- In vitro physiological genistein concentrations do not inhibit proliferation in prostate cancer cells. Usak ST and Kandas NO
Theobromine crosses the blood brain barrier resulting in increased phosphorylation of vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein and cAMP-response element-binding protein in the mouse brain. Sugimoto N, Katakura M, Matsuzaki K, Yoneda M, Sumiyoshi E, Ohno-Shosaku T, Yachie A, Shido O.
Unraveling the intricate relationship between food, nutrition, and health. Slupsky C.
Gut microbiota dictate metabolic fate of Curcumin in the colon. Li Z, Sun Y, Song M, Li F, Gu M, Xiao H.
- Evaluating the efficacy of probiotic bacterial isolates in reducing the human food borne pathogen Campylobacter in chickens. Donoghue AM, Arsi K, Shreshta S, Wagle BR and Donoghue DJ
- Furan and its derivatives in foods: characterising the hazard. Gill S, Kavanagh M, Cherry W, Barker M, Weld M, and Cooke GM
- RP-UHPLC- DAD-QTOF- MS screening of bioactive components involved in anti-hyperglycemic and antioxidant activities of Tunisian Ficus carica L. leaves extracts. Ammar S, Belguith-Hadriche O, Segura-Carretero A, Bouaziz M
- Health benefits of the low molecular alginates from marina brown algae. Khotimchenko Y, Khozhaenko E, Kovalev V, Khootimchenko R, and Fil M
The microbiome influences homeostatic control of eukaryotic ABC transporters at the intestinal mucosal surface during health and disease. Szabady RL, Tuohy C, Mrsny RJ, McCormick BA
- Milk composition of ewe fed soybean grain and cottonseed. Carolina Rodriguez Jimenez, Helder Louvandini, Tairon Panunzio da Silva, Egon Hion Ieda, Natasha Mantuam, Debora Botequio, Raul Machado Neto, Adibe Luiz Abdalla
- Effect of Fagopyrum esculentum (Common Buckwheat) Flour on Anti-oxidant Defence and Lipid Profile in High Cholesterol Fed Rats. Vanadhna Gandhi, Sunil Kumar Sharma, and Sudarshan Ojha
- Astaxanthin attenuates neurotoxicity in a mouse model of Parkinson's Disease. Grimmig B, Daly L, Hudson C, Bickford PC
- New extracellular vesicles carry most dairy cow milk microRNAs and likely protect them from degredation during digestion. Provost P, Benmoussa A, Boilard E, Gilbert C, Fliss I
- Biological potential evaluation of Litsea glaucescens Kunth extracts. Lopez-Romero JC, Gonzalez-Rios H, Hernandez-Martinez J, Dominguez-Esquivel Z, Pena-Ramos A, Ayala Zavala F, Martinez-Benevidez E, Higuera-Ciapara I, Navarro-Navarro M, Valazquez-Contreras C
- Maternal-filial effect on the performance and testicular morphology of lambs from ewes fed cottonseed (gossypol). Louvandini H, Ieda EH , Jimenez RJ, Dias e Silva TP, Tavares Lima PM, Abdalla AL, McManus CM
- Oil palm phenolics significantly reduced neurotoxic metabolites associated with neurodegeneration in a diet induced aged rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Gupta SV, Wu Y, Sambanthamurthi R
- Comparison of the effect of antibiotic, probiotic, prebiotic, phytobiotic and Bacillus subtilis on broiler performance. Monese Hamidi, Shaban Rahimi, Nahid Mojgani
- Effect of antibiotics, prebiotics and Lactobacillus plantarum on broiler performance. Samane Rasulzade, Shaban Rahimi and Kambiz Akbari
- Effect of poison oak and pasteurization on miRNA of milk exosomes of goats. Emily Sahagun, Jimmy Bell, Jennifer Belveal1, Sarah Akers, Randi Wilson, Chelsey Naito, Claudia Ingham, Lisbeth Goddik, David Hendrix, Duo Jiang, and Massimo Bionaz
- Extraction of bioactives from sugar kelp (Saccharina latissima), winged kelp (Alaria eculenta) and sea lettuce (Ulva lactuca) from the north atlantic with “green” extraction methods: hot water and electroporation. Guðrún Marteinsdóttir, Magdalena M. Stefaniak, Ragnhildur Einarsdóttir, Ólafur Eysteinn Sigurjónsson, Magnus Gudmundsson, Kristberg Kristbergsson
- Recent developments in food vehicles for delivery of bioactive compounds in functional foods. Kristberg Kristbergsson, Jochen Weiss and Julian McClements
- Validation of micronutrients against food frequency questionnaire intakes using simulated diets. Amanda Chapman Howard, S. Pamela K. Shiao
- Membrane lipid replacement with glycerolphospholipids protected with fructooligosaccharides to restore mitochondrial function and reduce fatigue, pain, gastrointestinal and other symptoms in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia. Garth L. Nicolson, Paul C. Breeding, Bob Settineri and Rita R. Ellithorpe
- The effects of bioactive compounds derived from sake cake “Sakekasu,” a byproduct of Japanese sake (alcohol) fermentation, on senescence-accelerated mouse and diabetes model mouse. Mayumi Okuda, Sachi Shibata, Ryouhei Iijima, Hanae Izu, Tsutomu Fujii, Kiminori Matsubara
Optimization of encapsulation conditions of vitamin C within yeast cell Saccharomyces cervisiea as biocapsule. Zohreh Hamidi-Esfahani, Samira Malekzadeh-Sariyarghan, and Soleiman Abbasi
- Arachidonic acid production using Mortierella alpinain batch and fed-batch fermentation. Zohreh Hamidi-Esfahani, Shadi Motahari, and Soleiman Abbasi
- A novel promising herb formula in sexual health. Geng-Long Hsu, Cheng-Hsing Hsieh
- The determination of some physical, chemical and antiocidant properties of gemlik olives and oils grown at the southeastern anatolia. Ebru Sakar, Hulya Unver, Zeynep Mujde Sakar, Bekir Erol AK, Can Yesirgil
- Astragalus Extract Mixture for Height Growth in Children with Mild Short Stature: A Multicenter, Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial. Donghun Lee, Sun Haeng Lee, Hee-jung Jee, Sung Ho Cha, Gyu Tae Chang