FFC's 24th International Conference and Expo on Functional Foods - 12th Int. Symposium of ASFFBC
Functional Foods, Nutrition and Chronic Diseases: Science and Practice
September 20-21, 2018, at Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Conference Poster Presentations: Poster presentations give the audience a clear visual of the presenter's work in a simple format. The reasonable size for posters is 2.5-3.0 feet high by 3.5-4 feet wide.
Poster presentation recommendations:
- Present the title, the author(s), affiliation(s), and a description of the research, along with highlighting the abstract's major elements.
- Minimize detail and try to use simple statements. Keep it short and easy to read.
- Remember that pictures, tables, and figures are key to any poster display.
- If possible, use color in your visuals.
- Don't overwhelm the audience with excessive information. Instead, construct a display that enhances the presentation.
- At least 50% of the surface area should be used for photos, graphs and diagrams.
- Use a clear structure and layout.
- Use complementary colors. Use black or dark blue for text. Too much color can be hard to read!
- One or two large, high quality photographs attract attention.
- Your title should be a condensed statement of the main idea of your poster. It should be large and clear.
- Your poster title should be easily readable from a distance of 3-4 meters. Include author(s) name(s), and address(es).
- We recommend the following sections on the poster: Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Tables, Figures, Results, and Conclusions.
- Please confirm your poster number on the list. The posters with odd numbers will be presented on September 20, 2018 and the posters with even numbers will be presented on September 21, 2018.
- Please put up your own poster in the position indicated by your presentation number by noon of each day. Presentation numbers are already indicated on display panels. Please check your presentation number and be careful to put up your poster on the correct panel. Please use pins to put up posters. Please do not use glue or sellotape.
- Please present your work in front of your own poster during the poster session.
- The best poster presentation award will be chosen by votes of all participants.
- Posters will be changed every day. Please help by taking your own poster down. Posters still displayed after the removal time has passed will be disposed of by the secretary the following day.
Posters Accepted for Presentation: (from previous conference in Boston, September 2017)
- Zohreh Hamidi-Esfahani. Arachidonic acid production using Mortierella alpinain batch and fed-batch fermentation
- Dimou Charalampia. Correlation of specific functional foods consumption with anthropometric characteristics and body composition on a sample of 18-65 years old aged adults from Greece
- Dimou Charalampia. Production of innovative Cistus Creticus leaf-flavored extra virgin olive oil based products of industrial interest with functional activity
- André Moreira-Rosário. Impact of daily consumption of wheat germ on human health: a randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial
- Norma-Aurea Rangel-Vázquez. Nanotechnology in the analysis of Polyurethane/Graphene/ Polymethylmetacrylate for new prosthesis for diabetic patients using Quantum mechanics and Monte Carlo simulation
- Jitka Ulrichová. Effect of cranberry extract on hepatic and intestinal cytochromes P450 in normal and obese mice – in vivo study
- Asma K. Alhindi. In adults’ athletics and what is the time, energy, and macronutrient requirement to gain lean body mass?
- Bernard Downs. Sustained safety and efficacy of a novel KD120 MEC multi-enzyme complex (N-Sorb®) in human volunteers
- Takashi Sato. Lysophosphatidic acid promotes the tube formation of human dermal lymphatic endothelial cells in an MMP-activity-dependent manner
- Sheila Wicks Ribes nigrum L. (Grossulariaceae) and Sambus nigra L. (Adoxaceae) extracts enhance growth and inhibit apoptosis in rat L6 muscle cells
- Veronica Oluwatoyin Odubanjo. Cognitive enhancing effects of aqueous extract of two medicinal plants (Tetrapleura tetraptera and Quassia undulata) in scopolamine induced amnesic rats
- Olubunmi Ajayi Antidiabetic effect of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) based diets on blood glucose of alloxan – induced diabetes rats
- Firouzeh Dehghan. Aqeuous extract of crategus monogyna with aerobic training improves angiogenic mediators
- Zohreh Hamidi-Esfahani. Optimization of encapsulation conditions of vitamin C within yeast cell Saccharomyces cervisiea as biocapsule
- Radha Madhyastha Aloin prevents osteoclastogenesis via downregulation of microRNA-21
- Thao L. Nguyen. Real time in vivo monitoring of green tea polyphenol (−)-Epigallocatechin-3-Gallate’s effect in resolving neutrophil-mediated inflammation in transgenic zebrafish
- Huda Mobarki. How much weight loss is expected after each type of bariatric surgery procedure?
- Abhilasha Singh. Aegeline vs statin in the treatment of Hypercholesterolemia: A comprehensive study in rat model of liver steatosis
- Carla Schwanke. Association between metabolic syndrome and polyunsaturated fatty acids in elderly
- Norma-Aurea Rangel-Vázquez. Analysis of the absorption of drugs in hydrogels for treatments of skin cancer using nanotechnology
- Maksim Khotimchenko. Instant pectin from sea grass Phyllospadix iwatensis as a key ingredient of the functional food with radioisotope-removing properties
- Deniz Sezgin New approaches to changing healthy life expectations: functional food in Turkey
- Maria Gabriela Valle Gottlieb. Functional properties of red-aroeira or pink pepper (Schinus terebinthifolius Raddi)
- Mei-Jun Zhu. Red raspberry consumption suppresses NLRP3 inflammasome and attenuates metabolic syndromes in diet-induced obese mice
- Thunnalin Winuprasith. Encapsulation of vitamin D 3 in emulsion-based delivery systems using microfibrillated cellulose extracted from mangosteen rind
- Carla Schwanke. Kefir effect on metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance and obesity in adults and elderly: A systematic review
- Deborah Fratantonio. MicroRNAs in chicken egg exosomes: content and bioavailability in healthy humans
- Doman Kim. The effect of fermented buckwheat on producing L-carnitine and Gamma-aminobutyric acid enriched designer eggs
- Marius Rusu. Bioactive compounds from walnut (Juglans regia L.) septum extracts: antioxidant and cytotoxic activity
- Jian-ping Chen. Effect of YH0618 soup on chemotherapy-induced toxicity in cancer patients: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial
- Amaia Iriondo De Hond. Spent coffee grounds activate intestinal motility and are safe upon chronic treatment. Radiographic and histological study in rats
- Eden Birhanu. Effect of moringa and maize flour blending ratio on the functional, nutritional and sensory quality of wheat based biscuit
- Danyue Zhao. Synergistic application of tea extract and lactic acid bacterial fermentation in enhancing bioavailability and anti-oxidative effectiveness of tea flavonoids in vitro and in vivo
- Thanutchaporn Kumrungsee. Challenging of finding a new type of calmodulin inhibitors
- Zhiyun Du. Chemical compositions and bioactivities of essential oils from eleven Curcuma species
- Nattiporn Ornthanalai. Effects of jerusalem artichoke snack bar on gastric emptying and colon transit: A randomized crossover trial
- Tony L. Brown. The role of probiotics in microbial resistance treatment and why they should be added to the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines
- María Dolores del Castillo. Intake of antioxidant dietary fiber from spent coffee grounds improves the circadian rhythm and body weight management in human adults
- Agnieszka Szczepankowska. Composition of recombinant Lactococcus bacteria ameliorate the symptoms of EAE -multiple sclerosis animal model, in rats