Basics in Functional Food Science
Course Proposal for Basics in Functional Food Science
This course aims to educate research professionals, students, and the public through descriptions of functional food components, health benefits, chronic diseases, global markets, and sensory evaluation.
The course introduces the emerging science of functional food science. The course discusses the definition of functional foods and their importance. Students will learn how functional foods can be used to reduce the risk of disease and treat disease. Regulation of functional food definitions and bioactive compounds will also be discussed.
The tentative classroom time for course completion is 48 hours, for a total duration of one month at our San Diego office, from May 1 to May 28, 2019.
Basic Principles of Functional Food Science (Functional Food Science Textbooks) (Volume 6)
Assigned journal articles
$1500 US dollars per student
Benefits of this Course
1. Enhance your career opportunities with the latest knowledge in functional foods
2. This course qualifies you to teach an introductory course on functional foods at a university or accredited institution
3. Learn how bioactive compounds support optimal health, wellness, and disease prevention
4. Course is in coordination with 26th International Functional Food Science Conference so students can attend and network with professionals
5. Intensive course that will improve knowledge in English language and Food Science