Thank you for your interest in becoming a Teaching Partner with the Functional Food Center. We would like to help you with this journey and answer any questions you may have. There are many benefits to being a Teaching Partner with FFC. We have had Teaching Partners in multiple countries already including the USA, Thailand, Spain, Germany, India, Denmark, Italy and are looking to continue to promote the teaching of functional foods around the world. If you are interested in becoming a Teaching Partner for your country or university, please let us know. There are many benefits and responsibilities to become a Teaching Partner as listed below.
As a Teaching Partner your duties will include:
- Becoming certified as a Functional Food Scientist (CFFS) through the Functional Food Center
- Being an active teacher by providing at least one course relating to our textbook per year
- Use the textbook provided to you to make lesson plans and syllabus for course for you to present to us
- Encouraging students to purchase the textbook you are teaching from
- Provide student contact information including emails for us to communicate with them if necessary
- Administer examination for certificate and send us the results
The Functional Food Center will be responsible for:
- Providing learning materials (PowerPoint slides) and textbook (one free textbook will be provided for the instructor, and a discount will be given to students purchasing the textbook). Some textbooks include a syllabus that you may follow for your course
- Designing an examination for the end of the course
- Providing a certificate from FFC and the Functional Food Institute for students upon passing the course
- Reviewing applications for functional food scientist certification for students who complete and pass their course
- A discount of 50% off an International Conference of FFC will be given to passing students and teaching partners
- Providing new research on functional foods through newsletters and information on new journal articles
We look forward to working with you further as a Teaching Partner and would like to answer any questions you may have while teaching the course or on how to get started. Please contact us to get started today.