Become a Functional Food Scientist or a Functional Food Professional Today
Would you like to further your education in functional foods while earning a certification? Becoming a Certified Functional Food Scientist or a Functional Food Professional through the Functional Food Center may be the perfect option for you. Receiving a certification from the Functional Food Center can set you apart from other employees and showcase your success and education in functional foods. You may be earning credit already just by attending our conferences or taking one of our online courses! Additionally, you can renew your certification after three years to show that you’re continuing your studies in functional foods and knowledgeable about the latest research.
As a Functional Food Scientist, you will possess enough knowledge to critically understand current research in functional foods and integrate the topics of functional foods into your own career. This title applies to those who hold a PhD, MD, or are pursuing one of these degrees in a field of science.
The title of Functional Food Professional, however, applies to all others that may be ineligible to apply for a position as a Functional Food Scientist, but would still like to pursue a certification in order to expand their understanding of functional foods.
Why the Functional Food Center?
The Functional Food Center is the leading organization worldwide for education related to functional food science. Since 1998, the FFC has focused entirely on functional foods by hosting 27 international conferences around the globe, upholding two open-access journals, the FFHDJ for over 10 years and the BCHD for more than 3, publishing 38 books including 7 textbooks on functional foods, and establishing the Academic Society of Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds (ASFFBC). The Functional Food Center has also developed a new definition of functional foods in the hopes of clarifying a global definition of functional foods in order to unify scientists and legitimize their research. This certification to become a Functional Food Scientist or a Functional Food Professional is accredited by the ASFFBC.
Why Become a Certified Functional Food Scientist or a Functional Food Professional?
The field of functional foods is rising in popularity due to their versatile uses and easy accessibility. They contain bioactive compounds that provide proven health benefits to help prevent, manage, and treat chronic diseases. By furthering your education in functional foods, you will become more aware of the work being done in the growing functional foods paradigm and learn how to apply this knowledge in your field. Here are some additional benefits to receiving our certification:
- It sets you apart from other employees in your knowledge of functional foods and the current research being published. This will allow you to apply interdisciplinary techniques involving functional foods in your own work.
- You will be seen as a higher professional for learning new skills and staying up to date on the latest research. Your academic and work background will be of greater quality and much more diverse than others.
- A functional food scientist or professional understands topics that relate to multiple careers including those of dieticians, physicians, students, researchers and of course those directly in the food science field. You will be given the opportunity to learn more about different fields and establish yourself as a knowledgeable professional in the rising field of functional foods.
- You will be added on the Functional Food Center’s website as a way to showcase your accomplishments.
- This certification may also enhance the chances of obtaining a university grant, allowing you to contribute knowledge through articles and gain recognition in health care settings.
- You will be given a complimentary membership to the Academic Society for 6 months.
How Will Becoming Certified Further My Education?
Becoming a Certified Functional Food Scientist or a Functional Food Professional will not only set you apart from others, but it may also help if you are applying for specific grants related to functional foods. Employers will see that you are committed to the field of functional foods and will enjoy seeing your hard work. Additionally, if you are submitting an application for a PhD or an instructor/lecturer application, you will be able to highlight your knowledge of functional foods.
Upholding Professional Conduct
In the process of earning your certification, it is expected that you uphold a professional code of ethics. These ethics include, but are not limited to:
- Being truthful about the credits earned and ensuring that they directly relate to functional foods.
- Striving for continuous learning and further education in the field.
- Using credentials properly.
- While holding a certificate, being engaged in current news and updates about functional foods. One way to do this is to follow the FFC newsletter and read the FFHD journal articles. Though these will not count toward credit hours, you will gain a further understanding of the topics being addressed in the functional food community.
Take the steps to become a Certified Functional Food Scientist or a Functional Food Professional today!