FFC’s Guided Program of Study: FFC GPS
Goal of GPS
Given our dedication to the field of functional foods, we want to become more actively involved in teaching and training those that wish to become more knowledgeable about the topic. Through 80 hours of guided study and training, we will work with you to create a personalized project that will provide you with a hands-on education in functional foods.
The goal of this program is to provide a unique, guided experience in the field of functional foods. Unlike other training programs, you will receive daily guidance on your objectives and regularly discuss the theory behind functional food concepts as well as new research in the field with your instructors and supervisors. This is a very unique and invaluable program that will allow you to learn about functional foods directly from the most prominent organization and professionals in the functional foods field.
One of the best parts of this program is that it’s incredibly flexible and customizable. For this reason, it can provide massive benefits to all people interested in functional foods from industry professionals to university students to those not involved in science at all. As much as this program benefits researchers who will gain critical knowledge of functional foods for study or clinical trials, it can also benefit parents that want to cook healthier food for their children or individuals with chronic illnesses that would like to maintain healthier diets. It’s never too late to learn about the foods and compounds that compose a healthy diet and the ways that they can benefit society. The GPS can be used to gain FFS or FFP certification.
- Preparation for Functional Food Scientist (FFS) or Functional Food Professional (FFP). By successfully completing an FFC GPS course, you will gain all 80 credits needed to become a certified FFS or FFP.
- Guided education. With regular correspondence between students and professors, this program allows for a more personal education on functional foods than other online alternatives.
- Practical experience and hands-on learning. This program allows you to learn by being an active researcher and will therefore set you apart from other individuals in the field of functional foods.
- In-depth understanding of bioactive compounds. Learning about bioactive compounds that your body needs as well as the functional foods that provide them will enable you to create recipes and food labels for healthy and functional foods.
- Scientific writing experience. Through day-to-day coaching on your personal project, you will learn about the definition and usage of functional foods and gain experience in writing scientific articles and newsletters that may be published in one of the three scientific journals that the FFC has.
Before signing up, make sure you can make the 80-hour commitment to complete this certification within 5 years.
- Complete your application form detailing your educational and work experience and your personal interests in functional foods. This will help us craft the perfect personalized project that will address your educational goals and interests.
- Submit payment of $895.00 ($695.00 for ASFFBC members) for the training program through our online store. *Payment plans are available and can be discussed as necessary.*
- We will schedule an online Skype meeting in order to discuss your interests more in depth and agree on a personalized project for you that you will complete over the course of the program.
Have any questions?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org