Abstract Accepted for the Presentation:
Poster presentation recommendations:
- Poster presentations give the audience a clear visual of the presenter's work in a simple format. The reasonable size for posters is 2.5 feet wide by 3.5 feet high.
- Present the title, the author(s), affiliation(s), and a description of the research, along with highlighting the abstract's major elements.
- Minimize detail and try to use simple statements. Keep it short and easy to read.
- Remember that pictures, tables, and figures are key to any poster display.
- If possible, use color in your visuals.
- Don't overwhelm the audience with excessive information. Instead, construct a display that enhances the presentation.
- At least 50% of the surface area should be used for photos, graphs and diagrams.
- Use a clear structure and layout.
- Use complementary colors. Use black or dark blue for text. Too much color can be hard to read!
- One or two large, high quality photographs attract attention.
- Your title should be a condensed statement of the main idea of your poster. It should be large and clear.
- Your poster title should be easily readable from a distance of 3-4 meters. Include author(s) name(s), and address(es).
- We recommend the following sections on the poster: Abstract, Introduction, Methods, Tables, Figures, Results, and Conclusions.
- Please confirm your poster number on the list. The posters with odd numbers will be presented on September 20, 2018 and the posters with even numbers will be presented on September 21, 2018.
- Please put up your own poster in the position indicated by your presentation number by noon of each day. Presentation numbers are already indicated on display panels. Please check your presentation number and be careful to put up your poster on the correct panel. Please use pins to put up posters. Please do not use glue or sellotape.
- Please present your work in front of your own poster during the poster session.
- The best poster presentation award will be chosen by votes of all participants.
- Posters will be changed every day. Please help by taking your own poster down. Posters still displayed after the removal time has passed will be disposed of by the secretary the following day.
- For more information on oral presentation please visit conference program page.
Portrait size: 2.5 feet width(76.2 centimeters), 3.5 feet height(106.68 centimeters)
Abstracts Accepted for Presentation (Abstracts list will be updated soon, this is a sample list from FFC26 conference)
O* - abstract for oral presentation
P** - abstract for poster presentation
- Jay Whelan, LKB1 and CaMKK2, a Tumor Suppressor and a Tumor Promotor, are Antithetically Regulated by a Well-Defined Blend of Herbal Extracts
- Uma Naidoo. Food Labels and Mental Health: Is There a Connection?
- Willette Crawford. The FDA's Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA): Food Bioactive Compounds: Regulatory Challenges
- Izabela Tanska. The EU Regulatory Framework Affecting the Functional Food Promotion by Healthcare Professionals.
- Debasis Bagchi. Nutraceuticals and Functional Food Regulations in the United States with a Special Emphasis on Food Label Claims and GRAS Approval
- Akinori Yanaka. Daily Intake of Sulforaphane-Rich Broccoli Sprouts Improves Bowel Habits in Human Subjects by Strengthening Nrf2-Depeendent Anti-Oxidant Systems and by Normalizing Intestinal Microbiota
- Manashi Bagchi. A Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study on N-SORB, a Proprietary KD120 MEC Metabolically Activated Enzyme Formulation
- Harry Preuss. Assessing the Triglyceride/HDL-Cholesterol Ratio as a Surrogate for Insulin Resistance and its Link to the Metabolic Syndrome in Hispanics and African-Americans
- Bernd Markert. From the Age of Information Technology to the Age of Psychology - the Superessentiality of Chemical Element Lithium, Part 5
- Sheila M. Wicks. Black Cohosh extracts, Actein and 23-Epi-26-deoxyactein have biphasic effects on cultured COV-434 ovarian granulosa tumor cells by acting as HDAC/SIRT agonists/antagonists
- Amrendra K Ajay. Metabolic Profiling of Acute Kidney Injury to Chronic Kidney Disease Identifies Lipid Mediators as Regulator Chronic Kidney Disease Progression
- Hossein Mirmiranpour. The In Vivo Study of Gallic Acid Effect on Oxidative Stress in Type 2 Diabetes
- Myriam Merarchi. Molecular Targets Modulated by Fangchinoline in Breast cancer
- Dinia R. Dwijayanti. Bitter Melon Fruit Extract Affects Hepatic Expression of the Genes Involved in Inflammation and Fatty Acid Metabolism in ob/ob Mice
- Debasis Bagchi. VMP35 MNC, A Novel Iron-Free Supplement, Enhances Cytoprotection Against Anemia in Human Subjects: A Clinical Investigation
- Francesco Carluccio. Lycopene, Cell Death Cascade and Arachidonic Acid Peroxidation Products in Aging with Chronic Kidney Disease
- Monal Velangi. Effect of Vitamin D3 and Virgin Coconut Oil on Cartilage Degeneration, Inflammation and Functional Abilities in Early Knee Osteoarthritis
- Bodo Melnik. The Impact of Persistent Milk Consumption in the Pathogenesis of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Xiuhua Liu. α-Glucosidase inhibitors from Chinese Yam (Dioscorea opposita Thunb)
- Doman Kim. Composition and Biochemical Properties of L-Carnitine Fortified Makgeolli Brewed by Using Fermented Buckwheat
- Kubra Dogan. Improvement of Bioavailability of some Medicinal Herbs by Fermentation with Lactobacillus plantarum
- Abnita Thakuria. An In vitro Study of the Prebiotic Properties of Xylooligosaccharide (XOS) and Organoleptic Evaluation of XOS Added Prawn Patia and Black Rice Kheer
- Danik Martirosyan. How to Create New Healthy and Functional Foods: Benefits, Concerns and Challenges
- Andrés Leschot. Mathematical Modeling for Unveiling Detailed Physiological and Mechanistic Modes of Action of a Standardized Maqui (Aristotelia chilensis) Extract for Normalizing Glycemic Control in a Patient-By-Patient Personalized Medicine Approach
- George Birkmayer. NADH (Coenzyme-1) in Prevention and Therapy of Diabetes Type-2
- Ping Wang. Saffron: a Functional Food with Homologous Medicine and Food
- Habtamu Fekadu Gemede. Antioxidant Properties of Indigenous Okra (Abelmoschus esculentus) Pod and Seed Accessions: an Underutilized Vegetable in Ethiopia
- Sandra A Benite-Ribeiro. Aerobic Exercise Attenuates Dyslipidemia and Mitochondria Dysfunction Induced by High-Fat Diet
- Jay Whelan. Treatment of 3T3-MBX Preadipocytes with a Well-Defined Blend of Herbal Extracts Mediates Anti-Adipogenic Effects via Activation of AMPK, PKA and JNK Signaling.
- Cedric B. Baker. Hormetins and Xenohormetins in Functional Dietary Phytochemical Patterns: Select Mediterranean, Latin American, and Asian Diets Promote Longevity
- Amalia Yanni. Cr (III)-Enriched Bread Towards Glucose Regulation: a Novel Approach Beyond Fibers
- Alican Akcicek. The Effect of Different Food Processes on the Bioavailability of Phenolic Compounds
- Jay Whelan. Combination of a Well-Defined Blend of Herbal Extracts and Fish Oil Attenuates Intimal Hyperplasia Following Vascular Injury
- Bernard W. Downs. Prodovite, VMP35 MNC, a Novel Vitamin, Mineral and Phytonutrient Supplement, Enhances Athletic Performance: a Pilot Investigation
- Cedric B. Baker. Translational Phytotoxicology, Phytoremediation, and the Pharmacovigilance of Botanical Natural Products: Herbs, Botanicals, Dietary Supplements, Functional Foods and Medical Foods in the United States
- Marie Robree M. Victoria. Extraction of Pectin from Indian Mango (Mangifera indica L.) Peel and its Utilization as a Stabilizer in Ready-to-Drink Yoghurt Beverage
- Samuel Odeyemi. Hepatoprotective Effect of Ferulic Acid and Caffeine Isolated from Lauridia tetragona (L.f.) R.H. Archer on Acetaminophen Induced Liver Injury
- Timothy O. Akinosun. Impact of Precursors on the Acrylamide Levels in Important West African Foods
- Nathalia D. Goncalves. Encapsulation by Coacervation of P. Volubilis L. Oil as Functional Ingredient Based on Cashew Gum-Gelatin
- Nwanna Esther. Tropical Eggplant (Solanum spp) Fruits Bioactive Constituents Modulate the Activities of Purinergic, Monoaminergic and Cholinergic Enzymes in Hyperglyceamia-induced Neurodegeneration in in-vivo Study
- Euni Lee. Status of Functional Food Products for Weight Loss in South Korea
- Tsabang Nole. Reconstitution of Cancer's Ethnomedical Treatment by the One Boy Local Therapist (1888-1959) in Fong-Tongo and Neighboring Districts, Cameroon
- Seok-Woo Lee. Effects of a Mixture of Propolis and Grapefruit Seed Extracts on the Growth of Periodontal Pathogens
- Christina Khoo. Cranberry: Beyond UTI
- Alexandra Zambrano. Soursop (Annona muricata L.) and Blackberry (Rubus glaucus B.) as a Potential Ingredient to Prevent Different Types of Cancer
- Shima Bibi. Dietary Red Raspberry Reduced Colorectal Inflammation and Carcinogenic Risk in Mice with Dextran Sulfate Sodium-Induced Colitis
- Ilkay Gök. Shalgam: One of the Functional Traditional Beverages in Turkey
- Alexander Plakida. Effect of Chlorella on the Human Organism: a Comprehensive Study
- Ozan Ciftci. Increasing Bioavailability of Water-Insoluble Bioactive Compounds Using Nanoporous Bioaerogels and Supercritical Fluid Technologies
- Athal Kumar Natarajan. Vibrational Spectral, Comparative Vibrational Spectroscopic Studies and Computational Studies of Ayurvedic Properties of Turmeric
- Ali Ubeyitogullari. Enhancing the Bioaccessibility of Lycopene From Tomato Processing Byproducts via Supercritical Carbon Dioxide Extraction