Functional and Healthy Foods for Longevity:
Bioactive Compounds and Biomarkers in Age-Related Diseases
28th International Conference of FFC - 16th International
Symposium of ASFFBC
August 28-29, 2020, San Diego Convention Center, San Diego, CA, USA
1. Biology of Aging
a. Cell Transplantation and Aging
b. Understanding and Extending the Lifespan
c. Caloric Restriction Significantly Extends Lifespan
d. Genetic Basis of Aging, Longevity, and Disease
2. Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds
- What are Functional Foods and Bioactive Compounds?
- Regulation of Functioanal Foods
- What’s Next for Functional Foods?
- Functional Food Product Development: Form, Function, Appeal, and Affordability
3. Functional Ingrediends/bioactive compounds and Healthy Aging
- The Relationship Between Aging and Disease
- Aging Biomarkers
- Is Aging Preventable?
- Antioxidants and Healthy Aging
- Dietary Fibers and Healthy Aging
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Healthy Aging
- Prebiotics and Probiotics and Healthy Aging
- Plant Sterols and Healthy Aging
4. Diet, Nutrition and Older Adults
- Current Diets of Older Adults
- Bioavailability of Functional Foods in Older Adults
- Drug-Nutrient Interactions in Older Adults
- Recommended Daily Intakes for Older Adults
- Macronutrients for Older Adults
5. Changes in Organ Systems Over the Lifespan
- Age-Associated Changes in the Cardiovascular System
- The Role of Nutrition on Cardiovascular Health and Disease in Aging
- Skeletal and Muscular Changes in Aging
- Age-Associated Changes in Taste and Smell Function
6. Chronic Diseases and Aging
- Prevalence of Chronic Diseases as People Age
- Are Chronic Diseases Associated with Aging Preventable?
- Cancer and Aging
- Cardiovascular Disease and Aging
- Obesity and Aging
- Diabetes and Aging: Overweight and Obesity in Older Persons: Impact on Health and Mortality Outcomes
7. Mental Disorders and Aging
- Prevalence of Mental Disorders in Older Adults
- Dementia and Functional Foods
- Schizophrenia and Functional Foods
- Bipolar Disorder and Functional Foods
8. The Role of Functional Foods in Aging Demographic
a. Current Look and Future Predictions for Aging Demographic in the US and other Countries
b. Aging and Increased Disease Risk
c. Aging and Increased Health Care Expenditure
d. Potential for Functional Foods to Contribute to Healthy Aging
9. Gender Differences in Aging
- Physiological Differences
- Emotional and Psychological Differences
- Differences in the Prevalence of Chronic Diseases
- Nutritional Differences
10. Future Issues
- The Importance of Protein in Older Adults’ Diets
- Effects of Caloric Restriction on Longevity
- The Prevention of Sarcopenia in Older Adults
- Potential of Adult Stem Cells and Cell Replacement in Aging
11. Prebiotics and Probiotics and Healthy Aging
12. FFC's Anti-Aging Strategies: Clinical Studies on longevity
- Aging as a Pathology: Disease or Not a Disease?
- Senescent cells: Promising Anti-aging Targets for Health Span Extension
- Development of Clinical Trials to Extend Healthy Lifespan
- Targeting Aging with Functional Food Products
13. Research and Development of New Functional Food Products for Healthy Aging
- Are antioxidants like vitamin C, beta carotene, omega 3 or vitamin E the key to happy golden years?
- Everyone wants to live long but noone wants to grow old.
- Can testosterone and estrogen keep people young?
- Can Functional Food Science solve this conundrum?